Hurrah for re-openings, new products and, our ultimate burger recipe!
The challenges of re-opening our shop, what we have been up to, and our ultimate burger recipe…
We think it’s fair to say the last few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions for the whole world, and with no certain end in sight it was time for us to take stock and make some plans!
We have continued to trade online but took the difficult decision to temporarily close our bricks and mortar shop at the end of March. Keeping our staff and customers safe is our priority and presented us with several challenges moving forward. So many questions, do we need screens? Masks? When should we reopen? How will we keep everyone safe, whilst still providing a top-notch customer experience?
Well, we have taken the plunge and The Country Victualler will reopen in The Engine Yard at Belvoir Castle on the 2nd of June. Normally we would want to celebrate an opening with a big BBQ and lots of fuss, but these are strange times. We are trialling some new “shop safe” strategies, including restricting the number of customers in the shop at one time, offering call and collect and click and collect services. We are hopeful that our customers will continue to support us, quite honestly we have been blown away by their loyalty and understanding whilst we have been closed. We have been incredibly humbled and touched by all the lovely messages and trust pilot reviews we have received.
We haven’t been idle while we’ve been away – we have been working on our new and improved smoked chicken, and developed a delicious Vintage Red Fox and Caramelised Onion Pork Pie. Our tasting panel voted unanimously in favour of launching this one ASAP, so keep your eyes peeled for that. We think you will all love it as much as they did. Our traditional pork pie topped with cheese and onions - left us wondering why didn’t we think of it before! If you would like to be considered for future taste testings, just join our Facebook Community Group We are a friendly bunch, sharing funnies and cooking tips.
Cook Our Ultimate Burger Inside or Al Fresco!
Banish the boring with our ultimate burger recipe. Two juicy burgers, topped with black pudding, streaky bacon, cheese and tomato, and onion chutneys. The best of British for your BBQ’s whatever the weather!
For each burger, you will need:
2 burgers, we recommend our pork and venison burgers
1 slice of black pudding
2 slices of streaky bacon
1 slice of your preferred cheese
1 toasted sesame bun
1 tablespoon of caramelised onion chutney
1 tablespoon of quality tomato ketchup
1) Firstly, cook your burgers in a frying pan on medium heat, make sure you leave them without flipping for the first few minutes to develop that lovely crust. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes each side.
2) In a separate frying pan cook your streaky bacon until crispy and set aside on some kitchen paper to drain.
3) Using the bacon pan, cook the black pudding for 2-3 minutes each side.
4) Toast your buns!
5) Build the burger. On the base of the bun stack your 1st burger, onion chutney, black pudding, 2nd burger, bacon, cheese, tomato ketchup and finally top with sesame bun top
6) Serve with fresh salad and a nice cold beer!
7) If cooking on your bbq outside, we recommend still using a pan on top of your bbq grill for both the bacon and black pudding.